Roku streaming player is a device that can be connected to your television to stream your favorite videos, music, sports and other on-demand content. It can be used to view paid as well as free internet content on your television. To watch your favorite shoes using Roku devices, you should activate and install the same via roku.com link at your convenience and comfort. When it comes to YouTube, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon and other entertainment platforms, Roku is the most preferred player for most people. With excellent features such as High Definition videos and latest processors, Roku has been the top player in the market, while pushing its competitors behind.
Guide To Activate Roku
If you need help setting up the Roku player, then you don’t have to look further, as we have furnished complete information on this page. The instructions given below will help you activate and set up your Roku player for the first time.
Steps To Activate
When it comes to streaming online video, audio, or other types of content, the Roku device is the most ideal option. All that people have to do is connect the Roku device to the HDMI port of the television, enable the internet connection, activate the player with the activation code, and stream their desired content. The activation code can be found on the TV screen when the Roku device is connected to the TV. Activating Roku devices is an easy and simple process. However, at times, users get to face several types of issues while trying to set up their Roku devices. Also, 50% of these Roku activation issues occur due to the mistakes that people make when activating the device.
The remaining 50% of the issues are the result of technical malfunctions pertaining to the network or the player itself. But, with our detailed instructions on Roku setup and activation, your Roku activation will be as easy as a pie. Hence, read through the setup information below for activating your Roku player through roku.com/link.
How to activate a Roku streaming device via roku.com/link?
Roku player is an extraordinary device that takes the home entertainment to the next level using a wireless or wired connection. It received the online input with the help of a router and streams the content to televisions via an AV or HDMI cable. However, the device must be activated with an activation code before streaming any online content. This activation code for activating Roku players will be unique to each user. Without this code, it will be impossible for users to streams videos and audio with their Roku player.
Look at the steps below for setting up the Roku device and activating the same at ease pretty quickly.
- Ready the Roku player for setting up by connecting it to a power source.
- You can connect one of an HDMI cable to the player while connecting the other end of the cable to the HDMI port of your television.
- Ensure proper connection of cables to the respective ports or slots.
- You should then connect the player to a wired or wireless internet connection
- Make sure you have entered the accurate network login information so that you activate your user account with Roku.
Activating the Roku User Account
- Once the device is connected to the internet, you can proceed with the activation process.
- In case, you don’t have a User Account with Roku, you should go ahead and create an account. Or else, you can sign in using your username and password.
- As soon as you log in to your Roku account, the software of the device should be updated.
- You can then visit roku.com/link and enter the activation code is the appropriate space.
- You can find the activation code on your Roku account and it is a unique code that can only be used once.
- Your account will be activated as soon as you enter this code.
When the above steps are completed, you can add your desired channels. For detailed information on Roku Channels, you can go through the channel guide on our website.
Roku errors at the time of activation
We all now know that Roku activation can only be done if we the activation code. Also, to get this code we should set up our Roku account, which then has to be linked to our player. The Roku account comes in handy, when we need to keep a track of all our Roku streaming players, channels that we have subscribed to, settings and preferences. Moreover, once the Roku account setup process is done successfully, we can activate the devices very easily. In case, you face any issues while setting up or activating your device, you can follow the instructions below to fix the issues and enjoy your favorite content.
Roku activation code errors
If you get an error while keying in the Roku activation code, you should click the activation code twice to check the same. This may happen if you have entered a wrong code, or there are server or network related errors.
Here is what you can do to fix such an issue:
- You should first check if the internet connection is working properly.
- Ensure you enter the precise login info such as your username and password for the Roku account as well as the internet connection.
- Get a fresh activation code by hitting the button “Start” on Roku remote.
- Key in the received code and activate your device.
Error code 001
This error code indicates that it is an activation-related error. This error can either on the server end or with the streaming device itself. Also, this error pops up when the users enter the Roku activation code. You can read to know how you can fix this issue.
Troubleshooting steps for activation error code 001:
- Make sure you enter the activation code correctly (double-check the code you have entered).
- The activation code will expire within a certain time period. Hence use it before it expires.
- The activation code can only be used once, and can’t be used for more than one device.
- If you find the code is not working, get a new one with the help of the options available on your Roku remote
- See if your internet connection has any issues. If yes, fix it immediately.
- If you have a wired internet connection, then make sure the LAN or Ethernet cable is connected properly.
- Check the settings of your router, in case you have a wireless connection.
- Contact your ISP to see if the issue is on their side.
Getting the same screen after keying in the Roku activation code
This error is very common to Roku users. Though Roku activation through roku.com/link is a time-consuming process, it is still worth the efforts and time, as it gives you an excellent home entertainment platform. Also, getting the same page after entering your activation code is frustrating. So, follow the below-given steps to resolve this kind of issue.
- Ensure you have followed the Roku activation procedure appropriately. Make sure you refresh your Roku streaming device.
- You may get the ‘not connected’ or ‘Error 001’. This may indicate that there is no internet. So, adjust your internet devices and cables to gain access to the roku.com link.
- Press the option “Try again”. Reset all the connections of your player and internet devices and do the activation as per the instructions.
If the issue is resolved even after following all the above steps, you can call us anytime to get our expert assistance from one of our Roku specialists.
These are only the troubleshooting steps for a few Roku errors. If you are any other type of error or need help in setting up your Roku player, you can always call us and we will be more than happy to help you with what you need.